Wednesday 7 April 2010

Last Day! How i finished my installation.

Today was my last day at Selfridges! Towards the end of the day i started to set up my Cut Out Wardrobe installation. I hadnt definitely decided what i wanted to do with the space, so whilst i was working there i could see the space and how i was going to use it. Initally i was going to pin all the cut outs to the wall and fence for people to look at however this would have ment that people couldnt use it any more.




The cut outs do look really good on the wall because the black really brings out the colours and you can clearly see each shape. However i wasnt sure whether to put them all on the all or keep a few on the rail. I thought that this didnt look right and it didnt looked finished. So I decided to keep them all on the rail and i am going to make a sign telling people that they can still use the wardrobe and take there own pictures.

I also used a few of the cut outs and tied them the fence behind my photos which looks good. I wanted to put some up to show people what they look like because when they are hanging up you could only see the front one properly. Also the photo wall became an example wall to other memebers of the public so they could see what they have to do.


I really enjoyed my time with 'The Girls' at Selfridges! It is a fab exhibition so you should all definitely go and visit it! Good luck to 'The Girls' for the rest of there time there!


No comments:

Post a Comment