Wednesday 28 April 2010

More feedback

This is her 'Cut Out wardrobe ' photo
I have managed to get some more feedback about my 'Cut Out Wardrobe'. Photographer Kristy Nobel who was taking photos for 'The Girls' at 'Paper Eaters'. I emailed here asking if she would be able to give her some feedback and she happily agreed. So i sent her some questions and this is what she said.

Here are the questions i asked -

1. Did you think the 'Cut Out Wardrobe' worked well as an interactive event?

2. Did you think the 'Cut Outs' were of relevance to 'The Girls - Paper Eaters long live the photo story' and were they easy to use?

3. What would improve about the 'Cut Out Wardrobe'?

4. Do you think the 'Cut Out Wardrobe' worked for all ages?

5. Do you think interactive events like the 'Cut Out Wardrobe' work well for the public?

and she answered them all jumbled up but thats fine its all the same to me -

'I think the cut out wardrobe was really fun and I love the detail in the painting and cut outs to look like you could fold them back. The backdrop was great and the ribbons were a cute detail. It is really good that you followed through with the photographs onto the 'washing line'.

Adults and children seemed to enjoy the idea, the only downside is when you are not here that it cant be used as much but is still visually interesting to look at and I have suggested if people have their own cameras that they can try the clothes on.

The idea, people seem to get instantly which is great!simple and effective rules the way. The only thing I would say is, as a photographer, the quality of the photographs doesnt reflect the quality of the work gone into the 'clothes'.

One thing that Andrea has added (as she is sat next to me) is that the straps of ribbon havnt seemed to last that well & she has repaired them with staples but this is probably because the publice are maybe not treating them with the utmost care.

The work fitted in really well the The Paper Eaters aesthetic both with colour and materials used.

Maybe with more money etc it could have worked that you printed out the photos on the spot or do some instant photography(poloroid)although I know this costs a bomb? I guess I am saying this because then the wall could have been fuller wiht hung print.' Kristy Nobel (25th April 2010)


No comments:

Post a Comment