Friday 30 April 2010

My logo and the lazer cutter

I have decided on my final logo, which is this

I am happy with this, I think it represents me very well. It also has room to be improved. I explored putting colour on it but i didn't like this. I think if i was a designer i could pick signature colours or patterns and use these but i don't. This is something i can work on.

One of the reasons i also picked this shape is because i can make cut outs of them and use them when working so people can recognise me and my work. I did this mock up in indesign to see how this could be used in my space at Selfridges.

I think these look really good so i decided to make up some or at least do some tests. So i booked a slot with the laser cutter to see what i could produce. I had never used it before i werent sure of the results but the technician helped me and i got some good results.

I used two materials, one plain white thick card and the other a sheet of thin green plastic.


The idea was to make two of the same each with a small hole in string could to tied through and hung up like in the mock up picture above.



I prefer the card one because its more defined and was easier to work with, also i could print different colours and shapes onto the card before to create different effects.

I could make different coloured ones depending on what sort of what i was doing, for instances if i was to work with the girls again i could make the pink and sparkly and so on.

This is a good planning for the future and would definitely like to investigate this further.

No comments:

Post a Comment