Thursday 29 April 2010

Website to pdf

So i started thinking about my website and what i wanted to do with it. I had one of my computer sessions but instead of Steve it was another computer man called Pete. I started talking to him about my website and what i wanted it to contain. He said why didn't i do i pdf? He then went on to show me all these really cool things you can do in indesign. So i decided that this would be a better way to present my work.

Good points of a pdf

  • easily accessible

  • can be sent to anyone via email

  • can be put on a website for people to view

  • can be viewed without Internet
I will still do a website so the public can access their photos, but as for putting up my other work i will present this all on a pdf. I have more knowledge in indesign and i have no idea about how to make a website. I would like to learn but i fear that i am not going to have enough time to learn properly.

I drew up some mock plans of my pdf.






Here's a pdf 'tree' of how each section is connected. In my pdf 'my work' is the busiest section.


I am happy with my choice. Doing it as a pdf gives me the chance to explore indesign more and become more confident. Also i can easily use this pdf as a template for my future website.

No comments:

Post a Comment